Most lawyers are reluctant to think about retirement. But planning for retirement, developing a succession plan for your law firm, and transitioning to the next generation is something that simply must be done.
Succession planning puts you in control of your future. It doesn’t mean you have to stop work today. There are many levels of service available: from a quick chat with a succession planning expert, to creating a formal plan for passing the baton to a new owner.
Fortunately for North Carolina lawyers and firms, there is a one-stop resource to answer all your questions about Law Firm Succession Planning. Camille Stell, founder and CEO of Lawyers Mutual Consulting & Title, co-wrote the book on the subject.
For close to half a century, Lawyers Mutual has been the smart choice for professional liability coverage for North Carolina attorneys. We cover the state from Murphy to Manteo. We insure large firms, solo practitioners and everyone in between. We help new lawyers enter the profession with confidence, and we help keep seasoned veterans safe and successful. The numbers speak for themselves. Lawyers Mutual has been in business since 1977, making us the only insurance carrier to provide continuous protection over that period. Today we insure more than 8000 lawyers in North Carolina. Most of them will stick with us until they retire. Why? Because they know we are here for them today and will be here tomorrow, bringing protection and peace of mind in turbulent times. Visit our website, give us a call, or ask a colleague why Lawyers Mutual is the smart choice for liability coverage.
Planning for Your Future
Here are some of the services Camille offers:
- Free checklists
- Retirement Consultation Call – $350 for 90-minutes
- Bring Camille in for law firm retreat – call for quote
- Coach on Call – monthly retainer for services to be outlined in advance, call for quote
- Develop law firm Succession Plan – start at $2500, scope of services to be outlined in advance
A Bit About Camille
LMCS President Camille Stell is a consultant, writer, and speaker with experience and a passion for designing modern law firms and guiding lawyers through succession planning and Life after Law.
• Fellow in the College of Law Practice Management
• Recognized by NC Lawyers Weekly as a “Leader in the Law” award recipient
• Recognized by the Triangle Business Journal as a “Women in Business” award recipient
• Serves on the Advisory Group for the Duke Law Tech Lab
• Serves on the NC Pro Bono Resource Center Advisory Board
• Serves on the NC State Bar Regulatory Study Committee
• Frequent contributor to NC Lawyers Weekly, and Attorney at Work blog
• Cornell University, Diversity & Inclusion Certificate, April 2021
What would happen to your law practice if you experienced a medical emergency? Who would take care of your clients? What if a key partner dies unexpectedly? What would happen to the firm? If you aren’t sure of the answers to those questions, HELP is available. Lawyers Mutual has assembled a rapid response team to Handle Emergency Legal Problems. Led by our in-house claims attorneys and outside counsel, our team has the training and resources to guide you through difficult professional times. Lawyers Mutual HELP will assess your crisis situation and work with you to craft a workable plan for moving forward. Since 1977, Lawyers Mutual has been there for our insureds and their clients. We have provided professional liability protection for NC lawyers longer than any other insurance company. Want to learn other ways Lawyers Mutual can HELP your practice? Visit our website, give us a call, or drop by our office. You’ll see why Lawyers Mutual is the smart choice for liability coverage in North Carolina.