If you are in a solo or small firm practice, don’t waste time trying to be like bigger firms.
Instead, lean into your size, which makes you flexible, accessible and local. That’s what consumers are increasingly looking for.
“According to a recent Nielsen study, 12 percent of global consumers exclusively buy from small or medium-sized businesses [and] 26 percent are ‘unintentional small buyers,’ buying from small businesses when it’s convenient for them,” according to business writer Miranda Fraraccio. “Consumers support small businesses for various reasons, including their reduced environmental impact, better customer service, and unique offerings that are often more sustainably sourced.”
Everyone makes mistakes. When it happens to you, Lawyers Mutual has your back. For nearly half a century, Lawyers Mutual has been the smart choice for professional liability coverage for North Carolina attorneys. We cover the state from Murphy to Manteo. We insure large firms, solo practitioners and everyone in between. We help new lawyers enter the profession with confidence, and we help keep seasoned veterans safe and successful. The numbers speak for themselves. Lawyers Mutual has been in business since 1977, making us the only insurance carrier to provide continuous protection over that period. Today we insure more than 8000 lawyers in North Carolina. Most of them will stick with us until they retire. Why? Because they know we are here for them today and will be here tomorrow, bringing protection and peace of mind in turbulent times. Visit our website, give us a call, or ask a colleague why Lawyers Mutual is the smart choice for liability coverage.
Five Ways to Capitalize on Being a Small Firm
Below are some suggestions for leaning into your small-firm status, courtesy of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce newsletter CO:
- Show your value proposition. What makes your firm unique? Why should a client choose you over your competitors? What can you offer that they can’t?
- Know your client base. Who are your ideal clients? Where are they located? What jobs do they have? The more you know about them, the better you can tailor your services to them.
- Use localized SEO. “Market to local consumers by using SEO strategies that focus on locality,” according to CO. “This will help boost your business’s visibility on local search results. Mention your community or region frequently online and incorporate keywords and phrases that the local market is searching for.”
- Get involved in your community. This will build organic relationships and boost referrals. Join local civic groups, sponsor local sports teams, and contribute to the community betterment.
- Use email marketing. “Nurture relationships with existing customers to ensure they feel appreciated and remain loyal,” according to this source. “Try strategies such as predictive product promotion, sending coupons on a customer’s anniversary or birthday, or partnering with other local companies to offer exclusive deals.”
What about you? How do you leverage your status as a solo practitioner or small firm?
Why choose Lawyers Mutual for your financial protection? One reason is experience. Lawyers Mutual has been in business since 1977 and insures more than 8000 lawyers in North Carolina. We’ve been providing continuous protection from professional liability to NC lawyers longer than any other insurance company. Another reason is stability. The company’s financial strength is absolute. Since 1999, Lawyers Mutual has paid dividends fourteen times, with more than $8 million dollars returned to policyholders since 2011. Want even more reasons? Visit our website, give us a call, or ask a colleague why Lawyers Mutual is the smart choice for liability coverage.