Everything grows in stages.
Lawyers Mutual has grown from an idea in the heads of a few North Carolina attorneys into a national leader in lawyers insurance coverage.
Over the past year, to celebrate its 35 year anniversary, Lawyers Mutual has published up-close-and-personal interviews with some of the people who created the company back in the 1970s and have kept it going strong ever since.
These interviews were originally published in the August 2012 through December 2012 issues of the Lawyers Mutual newsletter Put Into Practice:
- Back when there was one telephone line. August 2012 Connie Crumpler.
- The best job in the world. September 2012 John Hester.
- From pumping gas to preserving a piece of Civil War history. October 2012 Wayne Stephenson.
- I remember the thrill of issuing that first policy. November 2012 Glen Hardymon.
- Here today, here tomorrow. December 2012 John Q. Beard.
If you’re looking for more information about Lawyers Mutual and the evolution of the North Carolina bar, take a moment to browse our website. You’ll find much more than insurance applications and claim forms – though those are there too if you need them.
While you’re at it, pay a visit to the N.C. Bar Association website as well. If you haven’t visited lately – you’ll find lots of good stuff, including 20 Social Media Tips in 20 Clips; details on the 2013 NCBA Annual Meeting (U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia will be the keynote speaker); and a description of the new, improved e-bar newsletter.
Jay Reeves a/k/a The Risk Man is an attorney licensed in North Carolina and South Carolina. Formerly he was Legal Editor at Lawyers Weekly and Risk Manager at Lawyers Mutual. He enjoys history, being an artifact himself. Contact email@example.com, phone 919-619-2441.