If you want a glimpse of the future of the legal profession in North Carolina, a good place to look is the NC Bar Association’s Leadership Academy Class of 2020.
The 17 young lawyers in the class are being groomed to become leaders in their workplaces, communities, state and nation.
“The goals of the program are to help young lawyers increase personal self-awareness, develop and refine leadership skills, improve their ability to influence others, and use the leadership skills they learn in order to make a difference,” says this NCBA news release.
It’s hard to do it alone. That’s why Lawyers Mutual Consulting & Services has launched the Leading Law Community. This group of cutting-edge counselors will focus on issues current and relevant to the profession today. Through various community activities, Leading Law for Start Ups and Leading Law for Strategic Leaders, group members have access to events, resources, and a trusted network. For more information, contact Camille Stell, president of Lawyers Mutual Consulting & Services.
The NCBA Leadership Academy was launched in 2011. The NCBA is partnering with Level Up Leadership of Raleigh to provide training sessions throughout the spring and at the NCBA Annual Meeting in Charlotte.
Members of the NCBA Leadership Academy Class of 2020 are:
- Andre Board, Charlotte, Compass Group, USA
- Aviance Brown, Raleigh, Law Office of Aviance D. Brown, PLLC
- Doug Colvard, Apex, Fourscore Business Law
- Claire Dickerhoff, Fayetteville, Hutchens Law Firm
- Meisha Evans, Raleigh, Disability Rights North Carolina
- Allison Garren, Rutherfordton, Teddy, Meekins & Talbert, PLLC
- Betsy Gold, Durham, Moore & Alphin, PLLC
- Matthew Lenora, Chapel Hill, Robinson, Bradshaw & Hinson PA
- Jessica Marie Major, Durham, The Law Firm of Jessica M. Major, PLLC
- Ramona McGee, Chapel Hill, Southern Environmental Law Center
- Nate Pencook, Raleigh, Shanahan Law Group
- Tyler Russell, Raleigh, Ward and Smith, P.A.
- Anderson Shackelford, Raleigh, Williams Mullen
- Patrick Spaugh, Charlotte, Womble Bond Dickinson LLP
- Leann Walsh, Cary, K L Gates, LLP
- Gray Wilson, Raleigh, Smith, Anderson, Blount, Dorsett, Mitchell & Jernigan, LLP
- Whitney Young, Elizabeth City, The Law Firm of Whitney A. Young PLLC
Lawyers Mutual is the leading legal professional liability insurance company in North Carolina – and it has been since 1977. Our motto, “Here Today, Here Tomorrow,” is more than a tagline. It’s our commitment to the lawyers in this state.
Jay Reeves practiced law in North Carolina and South Carolina. Today he helps lawyers and firms succeed through marketing, work-life balance and reclaiming passion for what they do. He is available for consultations, retreats and presentations (www.yourlawlife.com). Contact email@example.com or 919-619-2441 to learn how Jay can help your practice.