It’s that time of year to hit the mall – or hit the refresh button on your browser – for a little holiday shopping.
And never fear, we’re here to give you some expert guidance for buying that just-right present for a friend, relative, employee or law colleague.
We’ll start with 12 recommendations from Clio, a leading provider of law practice tools, and conclude with 10 tips from USA Today
The best gift you can give your law practice is professional liability coverage through Lawyers Mutual. We’ve been making holidays bright for North Carolina lawyers since 1978.
12 Great Lawyer Gifts, Courtesy of Clio
- Instant Pot. This programmable electric pressure cooker lets you control cooking temperature and prep time. Get it here. Price: $139.95 – $149.95 (depending on pot size and model)
- Nest thermostat. Saves energy and lets you come home to the perfect temperature. Get it here. Price: $139.99
- Meal-prep service subscription. A no-brainer in an era of social distancing. Go with a proven service like Blue Apron. Get it here. Price: around $50 per week for two meals (for two) or around $75 for two meals (family of four)
- Espresso machine. Bring Starbucks – or your favorite coffeeshop – to your kitchen. Or your office waiting room. Get it here. Price varies
- Disappearing Civil Liberties Mug. When you add hot water, the text disappears. Get it here. Price: $15.95
- LAWSUIT!—the board game. Boost your ego while having fun with the family. Get it here. Price $34.95
- “The Most Powerful Attorney in the World” Book. Written by yours truly. Get it here. Price $20 for a signed copy (includes shipping)
- Foam gavel. Relieve stress and assert your authority. Get it here. Price $8.80
- Yoga mat. Wellness is the new cool. Get it here. Price $15.99
- Noise-cancelling headphones. Silence is golden, especially at holiday time. Get it here and here. Price from $69 to $349
- 2-in-1 portable battery / charger. Perfect for the attorney on the go. Get it here. Price: $25.97
- Cross-cut paper shredder. Preserving confidentiality has never been easier. Get it here. Price: $43 – $3,390
10 Tips from USA Today
- Roku Streaming Stick+. Binge-watch on your TV screen instead of your laptop. Get it here. Price $30-40
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet. Cast iron cookware is hot. Literally. Get it here. Price $20
- Disney+ Subscription. Access pretty much every Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel movie. Get it here. Price $6.99 month/ $69.99 year
- Barefoot Dreams Blanket. This cozy throw works for anyone on your list. Get it here. Price $99 and up
- Aromatic Diffuser. An easy way to relax and unwind. Get it here. Price $20 and up
- Ancestry DNA. A surefire crowd-pleaser. Get it here. Price $59 and up
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Grow-the-Fun Garden to Kitchen. For children – or the child in you. Get it here. Price $79.99
- Nidra Deep Rest Eye Mask. Just the thing after a long day at work. Get it here. Price $13.95
- Eufy RoboVac. Because they’re useful. And fun. Get it here. Price $179.99
- MasterClass Subscription. Learn cooking from Gordon Ramsay or basketball from Steph Curry. Get it here. Price $15 per month for all access
Source: USA Today
Jay Reeves is author of The Most Powerful Attorney in the World. He practiced law in North Carolina and South Carolina. Now he writes and speaks at CLEs, keynotes and in-firm presentations on lawyer professionalism and well-being. He runs Your Law Life LLC, which helps lawyers add purpose, profits and peace of mind to their practices. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-619-2441.