The Underwriting Department at Lawyers Mutual is well-equipped to deal with the COVID-19 crisis.
Here is the Lawyers Mutual Underwriting COVID Notice. It is also reprinted below. It was posted to the Lawyers Mutual website in March. It is of interest to all Lawyers Mutual insureds have also reprinted the Notice below. It gives notice of a limited extension of dates impacting your policy due to business disruption. It is of interest to all Lawyers Mutual insureds.
In trying times, it helps to have a solid, experienced partner on your side. Lawyers Mutual was created in the midst of a crisis more than 40 years ago. We’ve been helping North Carolina lawyers ever since.
Lawyers Mutual Underwriting COVID-19 Notice
“Due to the closure of our office, we are unable to timely process correspondence and payments that are mailed to our office. Here are some steps you can take concerning your policy and contacting us while our office is closed:
Please send your communication and applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org We will review and respond to email communications and applications sent to this email address.
Pay your invoices online through our website. Payment online enables us to apply your payment within 24 hours.
Here is information on how to make a payment online:
- Go to our website at com
- Click on the Payment Due button on the right
- Click the Pay Now button on the left. You do not need to register or create an account.
- Enter the Client Number that appears on your invoice in red.
- Enter the Zip Code that appears on your invoice.
- Enter the Secure Code that appears on your screen. This is usually a combination of letters and/or numbers.
- Click on the Search Invoices button at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Select box next to the invoice you wish to pay and click on Add Selected Invoices to Your Cart button at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Proceed to Checkout. The next screen will give you payment options.
- Select how much you would like to pay and click on the Continue to Payment Information button at the bottom of the screen.
- A) If you selected credit card as your payment method, enter your credit card information on the next page and click on Continue to Review Payment button at the bottom of the screen.
B) If you selected EFT (Check) as your Payment method, fill out the required fields on the next page. The Routing # and Bank Account # can be found at the bottom of one of your paper checks. Once you have filled out all required fields click on Continue to Review Payment button at the bottom of the screen.
- After confirming your payment, you will receive an email confirmation of your payment.
If you encounter a problem completing a payment online, you can send an email to email@example.com. We will review and respond to email communications sent to this email address regarding your payment.
We value our relationship with you. These steps will help us continue the service you are accustomed to receiving from the Underwriting Department.”
Please note: circumstances may have changed since the original posting of this message. Contact Lawyers Mutual directly for current information about your policy or underwriting.
Lawyers Mutual is the only legal professional liability insurance company that has been protecting North Carolina lawyers continuously since 1977. Our motto, “Here Today, Here Tomorrow,” is more than a tagline. It’s our commitment to the lawyers in this state.