The intern will be working directly with the Director of Client Services to develop and implement the Company’s social media strategy. This is a paid, 20 hour per week position during the summer.
An individual who is actively participating in a variety of social media activities such as blogging, managing social media profiles such as Facebook or LinkedIn, participating in Twitter and is well-connected with the broader social media world would have an advantage. Another component would be the ability to train or offer suggestions on use of social media tools. An example would be to maximize the use of Facebook or LinkedIn profiles to share risk management content and build the Lawyers Mutual brand.
Responsibilities – key responsibilities for this position include:
- Work with the Director of Client Services to create a social media strategy to complement our department’s business plan
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities (“marketing Lawyers Mutual”)
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media at Lawyers Mutual
- Strategize with and educate the Client Services department on incorporating relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company’s products and services
- Assist in developing a measurement for the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts
Attributes – the key attributes for this position include:
- Willingness to experiment
- Ability to contribute individually as well as provide training upward in the organization
- Excellent writing skills and a willingness to use them
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Camille Stell, Director of Client Services
Lawyers Mutual Liability Insurance Co. of N.C.
5020 Weston Parkway, Suite 200, Cary, NC 27512-1929
Tele: 919.677.8900 or 800.662.8843
About Lawyers Mutual Liability Insurance Co. of N.C.
Lawyers Mutual is the largest provider of professional liability insurance for North Carolina lawyers. Founded in 1977, our mission is to meet the insurance needs of the legal profession through innovative personal service and products. Today, we are doing that by offering a full range of insurance coverage for lawyers and their families, as well as continuing education and practical tools to help lawyers better serve their clients and the public. For more information, call 800.662.8843 or visitlm2014.gethifi.com.